In 2018 Avon released a new health line called Espira. geared toward helping you be at your best every day. After all, Avon is now more than simply embracing your external beauty (initially it was financial independence). In an article by prnewswire.com Scott white Avon chief executive officer had a lot to say about the products when they came out such as, “We are very proud to enter this critical category with highly innovative high performing line of products that is unlike any other on the market today.” If you were wondering where the name of Espira came from, Betty palm president of social selling for Avon says, “The name is spirit derived from the words aspire and inspire – born out of a desire to help people feel and look their best. The inspiration for Espira came directly from our representatives as they lead busy lives as moms, nurtures, caregivers, volunteers, community members – and CEOs of their households and Avon businesses. Our goal is to develop products that would support them and their customers in living healthier and more productive lives.”
There are many benefits to living healthier and taking the time to do so. I realize that this is not easy for many. Though one small thing can make a big difference.
You could name off a list of ways that living healthier is a great thing, but I will stick with four.
- A Healthy Weight
- Better Sleep and Higher Energy
- Improved State of Mind
- Prevention of Disease and Injury
A few years ago, before I began selling Avon again, I decided to improve my own health. Much of it for personal reasons. I happen to be thin and have always been thin and I never liked being thin. There were and still are misconceptions about being thin. For one, I get asked if I have the body of a child and am sometimes mistaken for one. I already look 20 years younger than I am and no, that isn’t always a good thing. I am not even 50 yet. Being thin which doesn’t help matters. I have been asked if I have an eating disorder. No. I have never been diagnosed with an eating disorder, though for a time in high school I think depression may have been the root cause of my looking thin. I do have a fast metabolism that has slowly started to not be as fast since I hit 30. Also, I have a few other issues that have plagued my body and again, this never helped. The lowest I have ever been I think was 96 lbs. That was a LONG time ago. I had something going on that was never fully established but has since not been an issue. Three years ago, again going back to before I was a rep, I began a small journey to gain weight and be healthier. I was 112 at the time. And given my height, I was actually at the low end of a healthy weight. I gained 24 pounds in four months, roughly. I was very happy. Then I got busy with other things and that part of my health went to the wayside but I managed to maintain my weight for over two years. I once gained an extra 5 pounds because I had to take meds for the back issues I have. I get spasms so bad I can’t breathe or sleep laying down. I can’t move at all. It is not fun. Then two years ago I was told that for whatever reason, my back was going weak. Which I thought odd because in taking care of a special needs child 24/7 and lifting and bending and what have you, I used my back a lot! I went into physical therapy and began doing core exercises. Then college started just last year and my mind went elsewhere. I lost all the weight I had gained within a semester. Luckily my back hasn’t had trouble though my right hip has. Again, I decided to get back into it. But it took me until the beginning of April of this year to do it. I had planned to start the beginning of March. I couldn’t get back to the gym due to corona. That’s when I decided to use Daily Burn and use MyFitnessPal. I have always planned my monthly meals and prepped them every four days. In the last two months, I have gained 3 pounds. I told myself to take it slow because that way I can ensure I keep up the routine of being healthy. I have had trouble with sleep but I do have mixed insomnia. Luckily that has been going well. I also wanted to use some of Avon’s wellness products to get back on track and to let you, the customer, the reader, the curious to know about it. I know that being healthy can help with much of the matters I face on a regular basis.
The Espira line originally included vitamins for men, women, men and women over 50, and kids as well as an energy pack. All of which are no longer available. What products we still have are:
- Espira am protect
- Espira hunger pack
- Espira hydration supplement
- Espira ideal cleanse
- Espira metabolism boost
- Espira plant power protein (vanilla and chocolate flavored)
- Espira power greens and
- Espira restful sleep
Let’s look at each product a bit more closely.
- AM Protect – this product helps with hair skin and nails water balance immunity UV exposure protection and eyesight using vitamins and minerals consisting of vitamin C niacin biotin calcium and sodium just to name a few. It also has a list of herbs in it two of which I would like to mention. One being horsetail which prevents edema (water retention) in lutein the eye vitamin that prevents vision loss and cataracts.
- Hunger Pack – For those trying to cut back on how much they eat one of the best ways to do that is to fill full already. Fiber is one good ingredient at doing that. Fiber expands in the presence of liquids. Also, it takes longer to digest. The hunger pack has glucomannan and rice flour. Glucomannan is water-soluble and absorbs 50% of its weight. Each capsule has 1 gram of glucomannan along with other ingredients like the rice flour. Directions say to take two capsules with eight ounces of water before a meal. It is best to stick with the recommended 8 ounces of water to prevent choking and also this helps with the absorption of water with the fiber. healthline.com has a wonderful bar graph, please click link to see it, showing how effective this ingredient is in preventing hunger. Using three variants of glucomannan over a five-week trial.
- Espira Hydration – Many of us don’t drink enough water. Then for many of us, we drink enough water but need electrolytes. Electrolytes can be thought to be most commonly used for two reasons: during workouts and when we are sick with vomiting and/or diarrhea. But to be honest we need them for regular functions as well. How much depends on our activity level or if we are sick. Espira hydration gives enough to use at least every day. It has electrolytes zinc vitamins B&C and antioxidants. They come in flavors of berry, lemon-lime, and orange. I recommend mixing them into fruity drinks that have water in them already. Recently I made a protein drink using the lemon-lime and a drinkable yogurt with a 8oz of limeade I made myself. I have never liked lime more than with that drink.
- Espira Ideal Cleanse – This cleanse is for three days and meant to aid in your digestive system and metabolism re-boost. Cleansing the system means removing anything that may disrupt the body’s ability to function properly. Loading and Constipation are two of the symptoms you may have before taking this. By removing toxins, you improve the digestive process. This is not a detox. Detox eliminates unhealthy foods only and a cleanse can do that along with help in curbing cravings I’m getting rid of other nasties at the body. Other benefits include an energy boost and an improved mental and emotional level of health. the am capsules have apple fiber dandelion and horsetail as well as antioxidants inflammation blood sugar control reducing cholesterol and blood pressure as well as promoting a healthy liver. I haven’t mentioned the benefits of horsetail in Espira AM protect. The PM capsules also have fiber but the kind that helps eliminate waste. Not to make you feel full. As well as calcium and magnesium and Aloe Vera powder which can help lower blood sugar and is a natural laxative.
- Espira Metabolism Boost – Many look for ways to boost their metabolism so that they can lose weight period two things are very good at doing that. Green tea and caffeine. Espira metabolism boost has both plus guaran (which has antioxidant properties such as caffeine, theobromine, tannins, saponins, and catechins), and cocoa beans.
Caffeine is well known to help give a boost in burning calories and adding a bit of oomph to energy in the morning. It does still help, and it can also blunt appetite by just a bit.
Green tea in an article entitled ‘7 Foods that Naturally Speed Up Your Metabolism‘ by Self (the magazine) shows that consuming green tea can burn 70 to 100 calories per day because of the effect of anti-oxidants to the tea and 24 ounces of green tea is said to help. This pill has 667 milligrams of green tea powder which is equal to 2 cups of tea and 190 milligrams of caffeine which is equal to 2 cups of caffeine per serving.
- Espira Plant Protein – Many people Think meat when I think protein. But plants can have some protein as well. Espira protein has sources of protein from sprouted quinoa amaranth yellow peas and globe artichokes. Each serving is 21 grams of protein. It is only 120 calories per serving and provides all the essential amino acids as whey protein and has fruit enzymes that make it easy to digest. The product is free of the allergens: dairy, soy, peanuts and tree nuts, is gluten-free and vegan. I like it because it isn’t overly sweet and doesn’t have a weird bitter or bland taste to it as many other protein products can have. I have also tried other plant proteins that are rather grainy. This is not grainy at all and blends in well with any fluid. Even water. Water usually makes protein powder taste weird, but I like how this can go in a blender bottle and mix just fine. It can get a bit foamy in an actual blender. But that is okay with me.
- Espira Power Greens – Not everyone likes veggies and though I enjoy them I may not eat as much as i should. Low in calories and so is this product. Greens and superfoods as well as vitamins and minerals that you come to expect in vegetables. There are a few fruits in there as well one of them being Apple. It also has dairy-free live probiotics. I can attest that this is helped my digestion a tremendous amount. It isn’t the best tasting, but I have found that it’s better and soymilk. I tried it in different fluids and recommend it mixed with soymilk. Unless you are allergic or unable to have that particular ingredient.
- Espira Restful Sleep – Next time talking about how we don’t consume enough water or veggies we also have sleep issues. This supplement is a non-habit-forming period to help you relax it has melatonin hops chamomile and passionflower. I’d like to discuss passionflower for just a second. I feel it is a lesser-known supplement for nighttime rest period I happen to have several boxes of passionflower tea in my cupboard that my mom gave me I am slowly going through it.
Passionflower boosts gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in your brain and because of this, the brain starts to slow down and helps you relax and fall asleep. It helps with those racing thoughts at the end of the night.
- Espira PM Restore – Just like with Espira AM Protect, the Espira PM Restore has ingredients meant to be beneficial to everything on the outside. it has antioxidants and Bioactive Collagen Peptides stimulate your body’s natural mechanism for building new collagen for younger, firmer, healthier-looking skin. I recently learned more about collagen peptides and while many take collagen to make their skin look younger, it has other benefits as well. great for skin hydration, skin elasticity, healthy joints and bones as well as good for your hair skin and nails. Your muscles and ligaments get benefits as well. Because as we age, our bodies produce less and less of its own collagen. Yes, we make collagen. At age 25 is when the amount begins to decline. Depending on our lifestyles, we may lose it quicker than others. Also, if you are looking to gainmore muscle mass, this can help. Now, don’t expect it to make you into Arnold Swarzennegger. It doesn’t work like that but in a study noted by PUB Med and found in an online article by healthline.com, “In one study, 27 frail men took 15 grams of collagen while participating in an exercise program daily for 12 weeks. Compared with men who exercised but did not take collagen, they gained significantly more muscle mass and strength“. Espira PM RRestore only has 2.5 grams of collagen so it may not be enough to build muscle mass. Though I suggest Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. It has 20 grams of collagen per serving. A great addition to Avon’s Espira products if you are interested. I take it in my coffee each morning. Avon Espira Pm Restore is also a powder that you can mix into a liquid of your choice. I recommend anything similar to water.
Please note that † These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your physician upon planning taking any supplements.
I hope this has been of some use to you and that you take the chance to visit my online store and get some of these great products yourself. I would love to know if you already take any and comment about them below. Have you had any health concerns that you have tackled this year so far? Is it going okay? It can be hard for anyone. Especially when our support system may be small like mine. Just remember that no matter how small you start; it is something and it counts. Baby steps. Stay safe out there world, we may not be in the same boats but we can still be here for one another.